IBA at CIO Mining Africa Summit 2015
From May 21 to May 22, 2015, IBA Group participated in the inaugural CIO Mining Africa summit hosted by EnerGlobe Ltd in Johannesburg, South Africa.
CIO Mining Africa is the only CIO event for the mining industry in Africa. The summit brought together the industry’s leading CIOs and IT decision makers from across the African continent. The event was aimed at discussing the latest challenges that face the industry today, discovering new opportunities that information technology can provide, and promoting the use of IT among the companies engaged in the industry.
The participants of CIO Mining Africa 2015 were able to communicate with industry leaders from the mining communities of the Sub–Saharan, Eastern, Western and South African regions. The program of the summit included one–on–one meetings, panel discussions, workshops, and key networking sessions.
The event covered the following topics:
- Improving performance through the use of information technology
- Information as a strategic enabler in understanding the mining business model
- Best practices in managing and securing a mobile workforce
- Associated risks for African mine operators with regards to cyber threats
- The role of the CIO in transforming and driving the paradigm shift
- Pros & cons of using Cloud in the mining industry
- Extracting value from Big Data
- The future role of a CIO in the mining industry
- IoT/ ICT innovations.