IBA Group at CIO Mining Africa 2017
From May 24 to May 25, IBA Group participated in the CIO Mining Africa 2017 summit. Held in Johannesburg, South Africa, the event brought together dozens of CIOs and heads of IT from mining companies, including Anglo American, Exxaro Resources, Royal Bafokeng Platinum, Metorex, and Montero Mining & Exploration. High-profile vendors, including GE Mining, Data Shack, and Statistica presented their solutions for mining industry.
The program of the event featured panel discussions and networking sessions. The delegates discussed the following topics:
- Enterprise landscapes: dependencies and integration required
- Digital transformation to drive increased efficiency in mining operations
- Smart delivery of mining applications and services
- Cyber security
- IoT within the mining environment
- Innovation and business enablement
- Modernization for remote operations
- What will a mine of the future look like?
- Building an efficient IT organization
- How ready is the mining industry for IoT and data science?
At the event, IBA Group unveiled the secrets of migrating to S/4HANA and showcased three practical scenarios. The presentation was based on the company’s projects delivered for its major clients, including Belorusneft, Gazprom Transgaz Belarus, and a global manufacturing company. SAP S/4HANA is a new generation of SAP Business Suite that is characterized by simplifications, massively increased efficiency, and compelling features, including planning and simulation options in a number of conventional transactions. SAP markets S/4HANA as a solution to address and take advantage of the latest trends, namely Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data.