IBA Group Sponsors CIO Mining Africa 2016
From November 09 to November 10, IBA Group participated in CIO Mining Africa summit as its sponsor. Held in Johannesburg, South Africa, the event brought together dozens of CIOs and IT Directors of mining companies and IT vendors, including Accenture, Microsoft, SAP, and Wipro.
The participants discussed the following topics:
- Empowering Digital Transformation in Mining
- Challenges with IT/OT Convergence
- Leveraging Big Data Analytics for Improved Asset Performance Management in Mining
- Cyber Security Challenges Faced by Mining Companies. Protecting IT and Plant Technical Systems against Cyber Crimes
- Cyber Security in Converged IT and OT World
- Cyber Crime and Threats it Poses for Mining
- Solutions for the Connected Mine of Future
- IoT & Its Impact on Traditional PLC Market
- ERP migration to Respond to Changes in Local Legislation in Democratic Republic of Congo
- IT & Business
- Implats Cloud Journey
- How a CIO can win IoT Battles in Africa Mining.
At the summit, IBA Group delivered a presentation on how Big Data can bring the value to a business engaged in the mining sector. IBA Group spoke about practical use of Big Data technologies, including predictive maintenance that allows for reducing maintenance costs and downtime, increasing production, and eliminating equipment breakdowns. In addition, the presentation featured an overview of using Big Data in terms of the health and safety, security, and risk governance aspects.